alaturka

Suna & İnan Kıraç Museum Kaleici - Antalya

Suna & İnan Kıraç Museum Kaleici

Suna & İnan Kıraç Kaleiçi Museum is housed in two historic buildings in Kaleiçi, the old town of Antalya, registered as cultural heritage.

These heavily rconstructed buildings were purchased by business couple Suna and İnan Kıraç and restored from 1993 to 1995. The first building is a typical two-story Turkish house with the traditional layout of exterior sofa.

The daily life scenes in the rooms cover the reception of guests, coffee service, shaving the bridegroom and henna night, all of which can still be found in the popular Turkish culture.

The second building in the museum premises is the former Greek-Orthodox Church of St. George, or Aya Yorgi in Turkish. Its inscription was written in Turkish but with Greek letters. It tells about the re-building of the former church in 1863. One of the monumental cultural heritages in Kaleiçi, the rectangular building is roofed over with a vault. The interior walls and ceiling have painted decoration. Following the restoration it was arranged as an exhibition hall displaying the cultural and artistic objects from the Suna & İnan Kıraç collection.

Museum Opening Hours. daily 09:00 to 12:00 / 13:00 to 18:00 except Wednesdays.

Please read as well:

Oldtown Kaleici Antalya - Life Behind the City Walls

Antalya - Trolley from Nuremberg as Attraction

 

Life | Outdoors

Europe

Turkey

Culture

We have 280 guests and no members online